Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
Have fun getting to know each other better!
Create a graph of your spiritual journey from birth until the present.
- What meaningful moments stand out to you?
- What has brought on the questioning times and the times of doubt?
- Were there times of disbelief?
- When has your faith been tested?
- What would you say were the character building times in your life?
- How has your faith affected your relationship?
At each of the different ages on the graph, write words to remind you of significant events that influenced your spiritual development or lack of it in each of the three categories listed on the left side.
(You can download a printable copy by clicking HERE)