Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
Have fun getting to know each other better!
How would each of you rate yourself and each other on these questions?
- When I’m upset…
- I need to be by myself for a while.
- I seek the comfort of others.
- I am usually…
- Optimistic about how things will turn out.
- Cautious-it pays to look at the possible downsides first.
- I like…
- To stay flexible and not decide things until I have to. I don’t mind changing my mind until the last minute.
- Closure- I tend to take in information, come to a decision and act.
- I am…
- Good at self-care.
- I can’t remember the last time I made my self-care a priority.
- When it comes to rules…
- I like to break them when it makes sense to.
- I honor and follow rules.
- You could say that…
- My life is an open book.
- My privacy is very important to me.
- I like to…
- Follow more than lead.
- Lead more than follow.
- When it comes to emotions…
- I’m very passionate and emotional.
- I’m more cool than hot. I make decisions very slowly.
- Taking risks…
- Makes me feel alive and excited.
- Scares me. I reduce risk as much as possible.
- My energy level is …
- High. I’m constantly on the go.
- I’m more laid back. I need renewal time.
Discuss and enjoy those differences!