by Dr. David and Janet Congo
Note: This post is the 2nd in a series of posts building up to Valentine’s Day. Click HERE to read the first in the series
What do Halloween and Valentine’s have in common? Ha! I wish I could hear your responses. My answer: I often approach both days with a sense of dread.
When my children were little I used to begin dreading the hunt for the “perfect costume” around August. Sometime in January I begin to feel the same way about Valentine’s Day.
Somehow the choice to make someone else feel loved and special seems like a chore. That’s when it’s time for me to wake up and face my love deficiency.
Since some of you may be able to relate to my dread, I thought I’d suggest a few ideas that might motivate your creativity and get your juices flowing.
- Consider creating and decorating 12 Date Nite coupons, one good for each month of the year. You get the babysitter too. That way you’ll feel the glow all year long.
- Consider writing a note of appreciation that emphasizes the character qualities of your LifeMate that add joy and value to your life. This can be e-mailed, written by hand, posted on Facebook, or memorized to be delivered in person while looking deep into their eyes.
- Consider giving your partner the gift of a couple of hours unaccounted for, to do whatever they want. This works well if you have a new baby or little ones toddling around. We promise your mate will return home.
- Consider sending a dozen roses. Make sure there are eleven red roses and one white one. Your note might say, “You stand out in the world of attractive women or men.
- Consider planning an evening of dining and dancing at home. Be prepared with a library of romantic music. The attire or lack of it is up to you, as is the menu.
Are your creative juices flowing? I hope so!
Till the next Conscious Lover’s blog…