Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
- What is your personal reaction to the perspective that commitment is a spiritual discipline based on obedience, not emotional fulfillment? Be specific.
- Has commitment ever frightened you? If so, what about it seem most daunting?
- Why do you think it is so scary to have to deal with another perspective?
- Am I afraid I will lose myself, if I move towards a lifetime commitment? Have you ever experienced that in relationship
- What did your family teach you about dealing with diversity?