Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
- If you have a personal relationship with a higher Power, what difference does that make in your individual development?
- Have you ever had a mentor? If so, who? Why did you choose them to a guide in your life? What kind of difference did having a mentor make in your life?
- If you have never had a mentor is there anyone who you would consider asking to walk beside you through some aspect of your life?
- Describe the last growth setting you willingly chose to be part of? What difference did it make to you personally or professionally?
- What is a friend who cares about you enough to speak the truth to you? Has it ever happened? Have you been that kind of friend to anyone?
- How do you feel about seeking counsel together if your relationship gets stagnant or stuck?