Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
Have fun getting to know each other better!
The Way of Jesus is an invitation to a Trinitarian way of living, loving, and relating—on earth as it is in the Godhead. We are intrinsically like the Trinity, living in an absolute relatedness. – Richard Rohr
Sit down together and create a list of your dearest and deepest relationships. Then ask yourself these questions.
- How have these people left an imprint on our lives?
- Were they there for us in an incredibly challenging time? When?
- What are they going through right now?
- Is there anything that we as a couple could do to encourage them at this time?
- Since Thanksgiving is approaching consider taking the time to send them a note, or an e-mail thanking them for what they have meant in your lives.