Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
Have fun getting to know each other better!
- If you are the female in your relationship on a scale of
(nonexistent) (regular care)
How are you doing in the self-care department? What do you need to make a regular part of your lifestyle to nurture yourself? How long has it been since you bought something beautiful in the underwear department that makes you feel attractive and sexy? If it has been too long, go on a shopping trip.
- If you are the male, how are you doing in the area of self care? Is there anything that your wife would like you to do that you have been ignoring? Do you need to add anything to your personal care routine?
- Draw four stick figures. Each of you take two figures. On one figure, number from 1-5 where, in what order and how (soft, hard, tickly) you like to be touched by your mate. Do not show it to your mate.
- On the other figure guess the same things about how your mate likes to be touched.
- Exchange figures and see how well you understand how, where and in what order your mate enjoys touch.