Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
- When I say the words “math class” what emotion comes up and what picture pops into your mind?
- When I am playful what do you most enjoy that I do or say?
- Where do you think we are as a couple today? Are we “blah”, are we exhausted, are we intentional?
- How does the 5 to 1 principle apply to our marriage?
- When was the last time we shared a really good belly laugh?