Marriage Moments will include questions and/or exercises to start conversations. They will provide an an opportunity to know yourself and your partner better. Check in with your LifeMate to see if this is a good time for them to answer these questions. If it is not a convenient time schedule a later time that would work for both of you. When you are the listener, show up with an interested and curious attitude. Be careful not to interrupt. After one of you has answered the questions, turn the tables and give the other partner their chance.
In this week’s Conscious Lover’s Blog, we posted Dr. Pat Love’s list of actions often demonstrated by infatuated lovers. This is the list…
- They make their relationship a priority.
- They make one another’s needs a priority.
- They give one another time and attention.
- They touch one another affectionately.
- They talk of their future together in positive terms.
- They flirt with each other.
- They express their sexual energy.
- They show and express appreciation.
- They laugh.
- They play.
- They support each other.
- They work out differences amicably.
- They overcome great obstacles by working as a team.
- They show love numerous times a day.
- They accept differences.
- They give one another the benefit of the doubt.
- They use energy from the relationship to support work and other personal endeavors.
Now answer these questions…
- Which of these do I do well? Give personal examples.
- Which of these have I neglected in the last few months? Why do you think this has happened?
- Is there anything you would like to put on our calendar or change in our lifestyle to create a relationship that works for both of us?